2018 Open Submissions
Playwrights Local seeks original, unproduced plays for our 2018-2019 season and events, including:
- The 4th Annual Cleveland Playwrights Festival
- Play Lab development program
- Roundtable staged reading workshop
- Our new podcast play series
There is NO FEE for submitting.
Submissions are open to all playwrights age 18 or older who are permanent residents of any county in Northeast Ohio.
Playwrights may submit UP TO THREE pieces:
- One ten-minute play (ten pages or less)
- One one-act (30-60 pages) or full-length play (60-120 pages)
- One radio/podcast play (25-60 pages)
Accepted: Unproduced original plays for adult audiences in all genres, including one-person plays.
Not accepted: Children’s plays, musicals, adaptations of copyrighted material, and translations.
- Submissions open at 12:01am on January 1, 2018, and close at midnight on April 30, 2018. Early submissions are encouraged!
- Selections will be announced by August 31, 2018.
- Plays should have no more than seven actors. More than seven roles doubled among a fewer number of actors is fine.
- No resubmission of work already presented to Playwrights Local.
- Submissions are final. Please do not submit until your draft is ready.
Manuscripts should be submitted as PDF files, and should be in a standard playwriting format such as Samuel French. They should include:
- a cover page with name, title, and indication of ten-minute, one-act, or full-length form
- a playwright page with contact information (name, address, e-mail, and phone) and a brief (up to 200 word) biography
- an introductory page with a brief (up to 200 word) synopsis, cast breakdown, and setting
- a production history listing any public readings, workshops, or other presentations
Send your plays as PDFs to PlaywrightsLocalSubmissions@gmail.com. Selections will be announced by e-mail. Please, no requests for updates during the reading period.