2018 OPEN SUBMISSIONS
Playwrights Local seeks original, un-produced plays for our 2018-2019 season and events, including:
- The 4th Annual Cleveland Playwrights Festival;
- The Play Lab development program;
- The Roundtable staged reading workshop; and
- Our new PodPlay series.
Submissions open on January 1 and close on April 30.
There is no fee for submitting.
Submissions are open to all playwrights age 18 or older who are permanent residents of any county in Northeast Ohio.
Playwrights may submit up to three pieces:
- One ten-minute play (10 pages or less);
- One one-act play (30-60 pages) or full-length play (60-120 pages); and
- One podcast/radio play (25-60 pages).
Accepted: Un-produced original plays for adult audiences in all genres, including one-person plays.
Not currently accepted: Children’s plays, musicals, adaptations of copyrighted material, and translations.
- Submissions open at 12:01am on January 1, 2018, and close at midnight on April 30, 2018. Early submissions are encouraged.
- Selections will be announced by August 31, 2018.
- Plays should have no more than seven actors. More than seven roles doubled among seven or fewer actors is acceptable.
- Please, no resubmission of work already presented to Playwrights Local.
- Submissions are final. Please do not submit until your draft is ready.
Manuscripts should be submitted as PDF files, and should be in a standard playwriting format such as Samuel French. They should include:
- Cover Page with author name, play title, and an indication of ten-minute, one-act, full-length, or pod/radio play form;
- Introductory Page with a brief synopsis, cast breakdown, and setting;
- Playwright Bio with contact information (name, address, e-mail, and phone); and
- Production History listing any staged readings, workshops, or other presentations.
Send your plays as PDFs to PlaywrightsLocalSubmissions@gmail.com. Selections will be announced by e-mail. Please, no requests for updates during the reading period.