THE CLEVELAND PLAYWRIGHTS FESTIVAL
Friday & Saturday | November 6 & 7, 2015
All events are free.
Intended for adults and teens.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6
Registration & Open House
Welcome all festival patrons and Walk All Over Waterloo attendees.
6 from CLE: Staged Readings of 10-Minute Plays
- Fluff Pup: Written by Amy Schwabauer | Directed by Sarah Greywitt
- Anima Animus: Written by Tom Hayes | Directed by Gretchen Ashbrook
- Resin From Damaged Trees: Written by Arwen Mitchell | Directed by Sarah Greywitt
- Notes Towards a Dialectical Theater, Deconstructed, Reconstructed, and Ultimately Discarded (A Love Story) : Written by Les Hunter | Directed by Jocelyn Prince
- Blending In: Written by Katie Walker | Directed by Justin Steck
- Of Straw Dogs: A User’s Guide to the Tao Te Ching: Written by Logan Smith | Directed by T. Paul Lowry
Flame Puppy: A Play for Voices
Written and directed by Mike Geither
A PodPlay recorded live by Cleveland Radio Players.
A beatnik finds peace through visions of a mythic turkey. A legless lout survives a ruthless drug dealer and rises to fame by manufacturing trailer hitches. The origin of the human body is recounted by two friendly anthropologists. And to bring them all together – a house-sized puppy made entirely of flame.
The Millard Fillmore Presidential Library (Bar) at 15617 Waterloo Road
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7
Registration & Coffee
Workshop: Plot & Imagination with Michael Oatman
Lunch & Panel Discussion: Getting Started as a Cleveland Playwright
Invited speakers: Arwen Mitchell, Pandora Robertson, and Peter Roth
Workshop: Dramatic Structure for Beginners with Les Hunter
Break (Yelp recommendations)
Dye Jung by Michael Laurenty
A staged reading directed by Tyson Douglas Rand
Packy Malley’s Bar & Grill at 15335 Waterloo Road (Main bar, no cover charge)
Food trucks outside Packy Malley’s until midnight.